Primary Location: Near Media Co-op, Northside Civic Centre, Bunratty Road, Coolock, Dublin 17.
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date for receiving job applications: February 3rd 2017.
Main Purpose: The primary duty of the Public Relations/Outreach Assistant is to assist in the promotion of Near media co-op activities, engage in outreach activities with community organisations and facilitate outside broadcasts. Time flexibility is a must as the position may involve evening and weekend work.
Immediate Supervisor: CE Supervisor and Outreach Coordinator
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Update Near website
- Engage and manage Near Media Co-op on social media
- Writing and sending press releases to relevant places
- Facilitate the promotion and delivery of training courses
- Liaise with staff in the preparation of outside broadcasts, promote Near co-op at Outside broadcasts, assist with floor management of outside broadcasts.
- Support Near outreach co-ordinator with outreach activities- meeting groups outside the office, presenting Near outside at different events.
- Promotion/communication of Near Co-op activities:
- Liaise with Near staff regarding the promotion of station activities, from programming to training
- Merchandising of promotional material, printing and its distribution
- Support communications objectives and communications plans
- Design, edit and produce publications such as posters and invitations
- Assist with various projects as requested to ensure the Near Co-op operates effectively and meets business and membership requirements
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Experience needed
- Good general level of education
- Competent in Information Technology skills and social media platforms
- Punctuality, reliability
- Good Organisational skills
- Good communication skills
- Photoshop or any other similar software to design posters/fliers
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise own work to meet agreed objectives
- Ability to work as part of a team
(Other Desirable Skills, Abilities & Experience)
- Full driving licence
- Experience in dealing with community and voluntary organisations.
- Ability to facilitate work of team members
- Flexibility regarding meeting agreed deadlines
- Ability to empathise with marginalised groups.
NB: Applicants for this position must qualify for CE employment scheme (applicants must be in receipt of Social welfare payment for 12 month or longer and be aged 25 or over.)
Full Description: Click here for more information
Contact: Click here to send a message.