Location: , Liffey Sound 96.4FM, Ballyowen Castle Community Centre, Ballyowen, Lucan, Co. Dublin.
Hours: Full time
Liffey Sound 96.4FM, Lucan’s Community Radio station, is inviting applicants for the position of Full-time Technical Support Officer (39 hours per week). This position is funded under the Pobal Community Services Programme.
Job Description: Technical Support Officer
Status: Full- time
Responsible to: Station Manager
Purpose of Job: To ensure that the station broadcasts on air/on-line at all scheduled times, that sound quality is good and that it is received in all licensed areas. To provide technical training and to maintain and develop the station’s social media.
Main Duties and Responsibilities include:
– Ensuring that the station is on air/online at all scheduled times, that sound quality is good and that it is being received in all licensed areas.
– Preparing recorded programmes and repeats for broadcast (editing, inputting music, special effects etc. and placing in PSA for playout).
– Podcasting programmes.
– Producing ads, promos and jingles.
– Providing technical training for volunteers / community members and groups / work experience students.
– Ensuring that all equipment/ systems are fully functioning. Highlighting, reporting and addressing any transmission issues.
– Preparing reserve bank of programmes, and where schedule cannot be met, broadcasting alternative.
– Managing and engineering outside broadcasts.
– Logging, recording and supplying copies to B.A.I., when required.
– Managing the station’s website, social media- Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
– Recording and editing Sound & Vision projects e.g. radio documentaries.
• 3rd Level qualification in Technical Support, Media, Digital Media or relevant discipline
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Experience
• Ability to use computers to a high standard
• Good knowledge of sound and radio/ studio equipment
• Good knowledge of audio editing software e.g. Audacity, Adobe Audition
• Excellent Organisational skills
• Good communication skills including ability to deal with a wide range of needs
• Ability to work on own initiative and prioritize own work to meet agreed objectives
• Ability to work as part of a team
- Knowledge of outside broadcast equipment
- Problem solving attitude with ability to give clear technical instructions
- Punctuality & reliability
- Proficient in Social Media
Desirable Skills, Abilities & Experience
• Knowledge of programme schedule
• Experience in dealing with community and voluntary organisations
• Flexibility regarding meeting agreed deadlines
• Ability to empathise with minority/marginalised groups
• Understanding studio booking procedure
• Undertaking Podcasting and archiving roles
• Full clean driving licence
Please Note: Applicants must currently fall into one of the following categories: Persons in receipt of Jobseeker’s benefit, Jobseeker’s assistance or One parent family payment or the Jobseeker Transitional Payment. Persons in receipt of disability allowance, invalidity pension or blind person’s pension. Travellers in receipt of jobseeker’s payments or One Parent family Payment. Stabilised and recovering drug misusers. People with convictions who are in contact with the Probation service. People employed from Tús, Gateway, Community Employment and Job Initiatives schemes are deemed eligible but cannot simultaneously hold a CSP and Tús/Gateway/CE/JI/RSS position. Former RSS workers who were previously CE participants are also eligible.
Salary: Minimum wage rate of €9.80 per hour
Please email CV and cover letter to email@example.com or by post to Station Manager, Liffey Sound 96.4FM, Ballyowen Castle Community Centre, Ballyowen, Lucan, Co. Dublin.
Closing date is Friday 21st June 2019 at 5pm. Late applications will not be accepted.
Full Description: Click here for more information
Contact: Click here to send a message.