Location: Claremorris Community Radio Ltd, Chapel Ln, Clare, Claremorris, County Mayo, Ireland
Claremorris Community Radio – has a Vacancy for a Manager at their studios based at Chapel Court, Chapel Lane, Claremorris Co. Mayo. This is a fulltime position – 39 per week.
The Station manager ensures the smooth day to day running of Claremorris Community Radio and oversees and coordinates the continuous, multifaceted operations, assuring compliance with broadcasting standards, requirements of funders and regulators and relevant laws and regulations. He/she is responsible for the financial viability of the Station and ensures that all funds are used in line with contractual and legal obligations. The successful candidate will have a particular interest in community development and will play a major role in developing and a long-term strategic plan that seeks to provide a social benefit to the community. He/she acts as an ambassador for Claremorris Community Radio, develops and maintains links that will serve the Station and promotes the Station through public campaigns and at events. He/she operates in a manner that is in line withthe ethos of community media and strives to maintain a participative work environment for staff and volunteers.
- A strong working knowledge of broadcasting, radio production and techniques.
- Strong multitasking skills, to handle several projects and the varied responsibilities.
- Leadership skills to effectively delegate duties, while continuing to supervise staff and volunteers as needed.
- Organizational and time management skills to ensure that all required tasks are completed on time and correctly.
- Budgeting skills to create realistic budgets and to ensure they are followed and to know how much money needs to be raised for specific projects.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to determine how to resolve issues be it technical, interpersonal or with specific projects.
- Dynamic interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to network, liaise and negotiate with other local groups and agencies and to form positive working relationships with staff volunteers and organisations.
- Knowledge of the Irish language and/or enthusiasm for Irish Culture and Irish language programming.
The ideal candidate will ideally have a third level qualification in management, community development, broadcasting, media, journalism, marketing or similar, with around 2 years’ experience in a broadly similar role.
A full clean driving licence with access to own transport at all times is essential.
Satisfactory references and Garda vetting will be required.
A full job description can be found here https://ccr946.ie/vacancies/
Closing date for applications is Friday 18th November @5pm
Please send your CV and Cover letter to: email@example.com marked Job Application.
This position is co-funded through Pobal and the Department of Community and Rural Development and subject to funding continuation.
Full Description: Click here for more information
Contact: Click here to send a message.