This position is funded through Pobal and the Department of Community and Rural Development.
To increase the overall development of Claremorris Community Radio by increasing total revenues acquired by the station.
Key Responsibilities of the post
- Researching, identifying, sourcing and applying for funding from State agencies, local authorities, European and Irish grants etc. especially applications for commissioned programming.
- Explore and develop new advertising and sponsorship opportunities. Liaise with existing customers, with groups in conjunction with station staff and members.
- Organise and attend fundraisers, promotions and events.
Marketing and Public Relations:
- Plan, develop and implement Marketing and PR strategies.
- Writing and distributing press releases and devising photo opportunities.
- Maintain social media platforms (Twitter, FB) engaging with social media users.
- Develop contacts and liaise with businesses and community organisations.
- Fostering community relations through organising and attending events such as open days.
- Encourage the recruitment of radio volunteers.
- Help create promotional material, coordinate the fundraising Committee and liaise with the Finance and Budget and S&V committee.
- Exploit our Outside Broadcasting potential with regard to Traded Income and own-brand awareness.
- Undertake to work the non-social hours involved using ‘time-in-lieu’.
- Assist in the effective operation of the station.
- Report to, liaise with and accept direction from Station Manager.
- Observe the conditions of your contract.
While all members of staff have individual job descriptions they are required to collaborate with all other staff. S/he may be expected to work in different locations and to undertake other duties from time to time including occasional weekend work.
Essentials skills required for this post
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise own work to meet agreed objectives
- Ability build and maintain relationships
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent research and organisational skills
- Applications (with CV) should be sent to:Station Manager, Claremorris Community Radio CLG, Chapel Court, Chapel Lane, Claremorris, Co. Mayo. F12 D535. Or by email to: ma*****@cc****.ie
Closing date is the 10/03/2020.
(Visited 135 times, 1 visits today)
Full Description: Click here for more information
Contact: Click here to send a message.