Location: Claremorris, Co. Mayo, F12 D535, Ireland
Outreach and Training Coordinator (19.5 hours per week).
To build partnerships with local community and key target groups, promote and facilitate volunteer participation in the station and design and deliver training aimed at building the confidence and capacity of volunteers to ensure quality programming.
Key Responsibilities of post
- Create and foster links with local community groups, schools and other target groups
- Assist with promoting the station in the community and raising visibility.
- Contribute to planning and organising community-focused Station activities.
- help with recruiting and retaining of volunteers
- in conjunction with the manager Prepare a comprehensive annual training plan
- Researching, identifying, sourcing and applying for training funding from State agencies, local authorities, European and Irish grants etc.
- Design and-deliver a programme of training aimed at building the confidence and capacity of volunteers to ensure quality programming.
- Deliver one to one training and feedback to volunteers when required
- Induct and coordinate and deliver volunteer training
- Coordinate and facilitate work placements
While all members of staff have individual job descriptions they are required to collaborate with all other staff. S/he may be expected to work in different locations and to undertake other duties from time to time including occasional weekend work.
Essentials skills required for this post
- A strong working knowledge of broadcasting, radio production and techniques
- Experience of developing, planning and delivering training (with a ‘Train the Trainer’ qualification or willing to study towards qualification)
- Ability to communicate and work with a diverse range of individuals and organisations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and priorities own work to meet agreed objective
- Ability to work as part of a team
The person appointed must be eligible under Pobal CSP employment criteria.
Applications (with CV) should be sent to:
Station Manager, Claremorris Community Radio CLG, Chapel Court, Chapel Lane, Claremorris, Co. Mayo. F12 D535. Or by email to: ma*****@cc****.ie
Closing date is the 25/02/2020.
Full Description: Click here for more information
Contact: Click here to send a message.