Location: Wired FM, South Circular Road, Limerick, Ireland
Hours: 20 per week
Unijobs are currently recruiting a Radio Outreach Assistant. This position is part time (20hrs per week) for a period of 9 months. The rate of pay is €12.30 per hour.
Wired FM is a Student Community of Interest Radio station. The station has an active policy of facilitating access, communication, and participation for all students to its studios which are located in Mary Immaculate College and Limerick Institute of Technology. Wired FMs mission statement states that the station; ‘provides a service that entertains while at the same time provides an accessible platform for information, debate and concerns pertaining to all aspects of student life and to create an awareness of the student community in the region’.
Broadcasting on 99.9FM in Limerick, Wired transmits daily during the academic year. The stations broadcast a wide range of programmes, including breakfast shows, student current affairs, documentaries, arts, literature and films shows. Music shows cover every genre, from trance to traditional, Ska to Soul, punk/metal and all in between. Always with an emphasis on local and unsigned talent. The diverse student community of Limerick is made up of more than 30,000 learners, with various interests and participating in multitude of different courses.
Role and responsibilities
The successful candidate will play a key role in the development of the station and will have responsibility for a wide range of duties relating to the functioning of Wired FM, including recruitment, training and supporting volunteer experience and the co-coordination of various training and outreach activities. The successful candidate will be required at times to represent Wired FM and to report on activities and meetings attended in a timely and comprehensive manner.
- Assist with the recruitment and retention of underrepresented voices
- Assist with training; QQI courses and other
- Liaise with community organisations
- Establish new connections with community organisations
- Produce audio content for broadcast
- Assist with work placements
- Organise events (outside broadcasts/training events/volunteer events)
- Liaise with alumni of the station working in media
- Assist with promoting the station in the community and raising visibility.
The successful candidate should have a positive, goal-oriented, and enthusiastic approach to the range of tasks associated with Wired FM and have the ability to interact constructively, efficiently and effectively with staff and volunteers of Wired FM in an enthusiastic and affable manner.
- Some relevant experience
- Enthusiasm for and a proven interest in broadcasting
- Have knowledge and sensitivity to cultural issues and experience of dealing with marginalized people and communities
- An empathetic disposition and people-focused approach
- A degree of flexibility regarding work practices and working arrangements.
- Demonstrated experience of using own initiative to solve problems in a positive and proactive manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with clearly demonstrated experience of collaborating with others
- Demonstrable ability to work effectively and constructively within a team environment
- Some IT skills, including a degree of proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and Microsoft Teams, as well as social media platforms
The normal hours of duty are Tuesday to Friday, 10am to 3.30pm with a 30-minute break each day. However, the duties attaching to the position are such that changes to the above can be negotiated on a week to week basis to suit the successful candidate, and manager.
Unijobs DAC is an equal opportunities employer
Click to apply https://unijobs.ie/job/part-time-radio-outreach-assistant/
Full Description: Click here for more information
Contact: Click here to send a message.