Liffey Sound 96.4FM, Lucan’s Community Radio station, is inviting applicants for the position of Part-time Outreach Officer (17.5 hours per week).
This is a 23-month contract on a part-time basis. The salary is €11,187.94 per annum.
Job Description: Outreach Officer
Status: Part- time
Responsible to: Station Manager
Main Duties and Responsibilities include:
The successful candidate will play a key role in the development of the station and will have responsibility for a wide range of duties relating to the functioning of Liffey Sound. The successful candidate will be required to report on activities in a timely and comprehensive manner.
- Assist with the recruitment and retention of volunteers from our target groups and the wider community
- Liaise with community organisations and establish new connections with community organisations
- Assist with work placements, both Transition year students & third level students
- Organise events, especially Outside broadcasts in the community
- Work with our station trainer to help organise & deliver QQI certified courses in Media Expression
- Assist with promoting the station in the community and raising visibility of the station
- Assist with promotion of the station on our social media channels
Skills & Experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Enthusiasm for and an interest in broadcasting and community development
- Have knowledge and sensitivity to cultural issues and experience of dealing with marginalized people and communities
- Demonstrated experience of using one’s own initiative to solve problems in a positive and proactive manner
- Proficient IT skills
- Experience in dealing with community and voluntary organisations
- Full clean driving licence
Please email CV and cover letter to st************@li***********.ie or by post to Station Manager, Liffey Sound 96.4FM, Ballyowen Castle Community Centre, Ballyowen, Lucan, Co. Dublin.
Closing date is Sunday July 2nd 2023 at 5pm. Late applications will not be accepted.
This position is funded by Coimisiún na Meán through Round 41 Social Benefit Sound & Vision 4 Scheme